This recipe includes a delicate apricot stuffing with a sweet cider sauce and it’s a great way to use up leftover bread.
Foods and recipes
- Type: RecipesEasyMeatUse up breadMeals for freezingCook time: 30-45 minutes
- Type: RecipesIntermediateOne pot mealsMeat
Full of contrasting textures and flavours, this is one of those recipes that the whole family will love – it works really well with cooked chicken too.Cook time: 20-30 minutes
- Type: RecipesEgg freeEasyUse up breadLeftover vegLeftover fruit
Bruschetta is a great way of using up items from your fridge, use a variety of leftover cheese, cooked meats, tomatoes and beans, basically anything goes!Cook time: 30-45 minutes
- Type: RecipesMeatEasyLeftover vegMeals for freezingMeat
This is a neat little dish for being creative with your leftovers. You can have them hot or cook them the night before to take cold to work for lunch. For best results keep your leftover veg in the fridge with your roast until you need them for this recipe.Cook time: 1 hour +
- Type: RecipesVegetarianEasyLeftover fruitUse up breadUse up milk
This recipe is great for when you find those stale slices of bread left at the end of the loaf.Cook time: 1 hour +
- Type: RecipesVeganVegetarianEgg freeDairy freeEasyLeftover vegCook with kids
This vegan-friendly gnocchi is very simple to make – and easy on the pocket too. Use baked potatoes or leftover mash which is a bit dried up.Cook time: 20-30 minutes
- Type: RecipesDairy freeEgg freeGluten freeNut freeEasyLeftover vegOne pot mealsCook with kids
This simple dish for one uses up tiny bits of leftover veg and cooked meat. It can even be stored in the fridge for lunch the next day.Cook time: 10-20 minutes
- Type: RecipesVegetarianEgg freeNut freeIntermediateLeftover veg
If you have leftover cooked potatoes to use, from the fridge or freezer, why not try this delicious, simple recipe from Blas y Tir.Cook time: 30-45 minutes
- Type: Foods
Bacon is salt-cured meat and can either be bought as rashers or a joint. It's used in a variety of meat dishes and is popular at breakfast too.
- Type: Foods
A key staple food in the UK, bread can be found freshly baked in local bakeries and in a range of other options in supermarkets too. Lots of varieties to choose from such as white, multigrain and wholemeal.